Radio Pulpit is an established, reliable, relevant media voice and preferred Christian radio station and partner in South Africa and beyond. With more than four decades of broadcasting experience, this trusted brand is a welcome voice in households and businesses across the country.
We bring you the current Word of God and perspective and insight into all aspects of life. Radio Pulpit provides all the inspiration you need to make it through each day. Our programmes help restore family values, equip South Africa’s young people as tomorrow’s leaders, and build a moral nation. We address current and relevant issues with a biblical perspective.
Radio Pulpit is Your Daily Companion for news, music, lifestyle and business matters, all based on the Word of God. Our shows include experts in every field to guide listeners on their life’s journey. Along with Radio Cape Pulpit and I Am Youth; we form part of the Pulpit Media Group. Radio Pulpit’s first broadcast was on 4 August 1981. We also recently launched the Radio Pulpit online business directory.
Christian radio station
Tune in to Radio Pulpit, Your Daily Companion on the radio frequency 657AM. You can also use our free mobile app for iPhones and Android. Find us on DStv Audio channel 882 and Open View channel 607. You can also use our live stream via “listen live” directly from the website. Lastly, you can tune in via our Facebook page to listen to live streams like the popular show “Table Talk” with Mark Penrith every Friday from 9 – 11 in the morning.
Find us on social media
Our listeners love to engage with presenters via our social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. In addition, programmes like Good News Time regularly interact with their fans and listeners via Facebook with topics ranging from Prayer Requests to Finish the Sentence and Godsightings. One of the highlights is when our listeners engage with the presenters to talk about The Word for Today. Together, the presenter and audience engage in meaningful discussions that enrich lives, deepen our understanding of God, and bring us closer together as the family of Christ.
Radio Pulpit core values
- Integrity: Performing all tasks in a spirit of honesty, mutual respect, trust and authenticity. Without hidden agendas.
- Excellence: A dedication to the excellence of all our products and services.
- Teamwork: Team objectives are more important than pursuing own interests.
- Accountability: The acknowledgement and willingness to take of responsibility for one’s actions, behaviour and decisions.
- Commitment: An affirmation, loyalty and devotion to the Organisation’s mission and vision.
Radio Pulpit statement of faith
Radio Pulpit subscribes to the following Statement of Faith and binds itself to it in all broadcasts:
- in the Triune God, who is One Being but three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- that God the Father is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe;
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was born of the virgin Mary. Suffered and died, was physically raised from the dead. Ascended into Heaven, and now sits at the right hand of God from where He will come again.
- that the Person of the Holy Spirit, by His indwelling in our hearts, is our Sanctifier, Comforter and Advocate.
- the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- that man, by nature, is a sinner and without rebirth and conversion, will not see God.
- the rebirth is a work of God, by His Word and Spirit, by which He gathers a community on earth to honour and serve Him. The means by which we appropriate what God has done for us is faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Redeemer. Faith itself is a gift of God.
- that God has called His children to proclaim the Gospel to the whole world.
- that God grants eternal life to those who have faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12).
Pulpit Media Group
Radio Pulpit, is an independent, trans-cultural and trans-denominational Christian radio station. A member of The Pulpit Media Group (PMG). Our vision is to restore the presence of God in every home in SA and beyond.
The divine assignment we have is to proclaim the Gospel through the production and broadcasting of radio programmes, social and electronic media, publications, and initiatives. Our focus is to be “Your Daily Companion” to believers in their journey of faith. We also aim to win unbelievers for Christ.
PMG’s members in this endeavour are:
- Radio Pulpit 657AM
- Radio Cape Pulpit 729AM
- United Christian Broadcasters Africa (UCB Africa);
- CNW Media; and
- I AM Youth web radio
Radio Pulpit broadcasting policy
To proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the glory of God. To build up believers in their faith and to lead people to faith in Christ.
The Bible is the only basis. Therefore, views based on revelations, dreams, manifestations and visions should be in line with Scripture.
The full counsel of God must be proclaimed. The emphasis must be placed on the victory of Jesus Christ through His death on the cross, His resurrection, His ascension and His second coming.
Should an unbiblical viewpoint be posed, the general spirit and trend of the programme should so reflect the Word that the Biblical viewpoint finds acceptance among the listeners.
We do not grant opportunities to churches per se. It invites individuals with presentation abilities from various churches to present or take part in programmes. No proselytising is allowed. All presenters must endorse Radio Pulpit’s Statement of Faith. Radio Pulpit will not take part in, nor enhance church specific rituals and dogma.
The programme content must reflect the broad spectrum of the listenership.
Only funds for Radio Pulpit and the rest of the Pulpit Media Group may be requested during broadcasts.
We recognise that South Africa is a multi-religious country where freedom of worship is guaranteed as a constitutional right. While the right of other religious groups to propagate their convictions is respected, the timeless, unchangeable truth of the Gospel, as declared in Scripture, must be proclaimed with conviction. Destructive criticism of other religions is not allowed.
Controversial matters, persons & organisations
The station is committed to being relevant and may cover these issues in designated programmes. We rely on the guidance of the Executive Director (ED) of PMG or his/her delegate. Theological and religious issues of lesser controversy over which Christians may differ must be handled with sensitivity. The ED or his/her delegate may refer these matters to the TAC for advice. The propagating of party – political viewpoints is inadmissible.
The music we play may consist of different styles and presentations. However, two absolute requirements are insisted upon for vocal music: The content must be consistent with Scripture (free interpretation). Second, the words must be clearly audible.
Radio Pulpit reserves the right to use its discretion in choosing and editing all programmes, according to its Broadcasting Policy and Statement of Faith. The Chief Operational Officer’s decision is final.